A blog about raising 5 kids, photography, DIY, recipes and whatever else may come our way....

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Flower Beds Made Pretty

Hubby had last night off. And it was really nice out so we wanted to get the flower beds in the front weeded & mulch put down. I played w/the kids while the hubs did the flower beds. Honestly, I'm glad he wanted to do it, I really didn't want to do the weeding, not real fond of it. I only have 1 before pic, kind of thought about taking pics too late.

once he was done w/the weeding.....

Then put the mulch down. I like it! Such a difference!


Some of my pretty flowers....


We found many, many rocks in our yard. So, I came up w/the idea to line the flower beds with them. I figured it would be a good way to keep the mulch in & make it even prettier. The kids & I went around the yard, behind the garage, etc.. hunting for rocks.

I didn't get to it last night, so today while Rye was sleeping I got right to it.




I'm def. happy w/it! What do you think?

Now I can't wait to get some hanging plants for the porch. I might also get some more flowers for the beds, i want more color!

I also did a couple spray painting projects I will post tomorrow!

Have a great night!

Allison

1 comment:

  1. very cute. I sooo need to do mine. All I got out there is dwarf looking holly bushes that the builder put in.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!!