A blog about raising 5 kids, photography, DIY, recipes and whatever else may come our way....

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Living Room/Downstairs Bathroom Christmas Decor!

I can't believe Christmas is in 11 days!!

I know I haven't posted in a while, it's just been busy around here & I'm getting so big now it's getting harder to sit at the computer for very long. I guess you could say a little laziness plays a small part in it too! But I have been still checking out all the wonderful blogs out there, so much wonderful Christmas decor/craft inspiration you all have given me! I'm going to try to get back on track w/my posts!

Today I'm going to show you what I've done for our Christmas decor in our living room & bathroom(which is right off the living room).

We started decorating the day after Thanksgiving.
Probably took me about a week to finish the whole downstairs.
So here we go.....


Decorating the kids tree.



Hanging the stockings....
I love our house but the one thing I do wish we had was a fireplace to hang our stockings from!
But we don't so this is where I hang them until Santa fills them up, then he just places them afterwards in front of the tree.

Decorating my Shelves....
Another reason I wish we had a fireplace was so I could decorate the mantle.
Instead I use these shelves above the T.V. as my "mantel shelves".
P.S. don't mind the toy box on the left!



Our banister....
Nothing to fancy, just simple.


This shelf is usually in the corner where the tree is.


A few decorations on the top of our built-in wall unit...

As you can see our Elf, "Chippy" had a snack last night!


Full view of the family tree....
A larger view of the living room w/Rylan dancing around.

I even decorated a little bit in our bathroom which is right off the living room.
Just a couple things...


And lastly, LuLu & Braedon posing in front of their tree.




What do you think?

Tomorrow I'll give you a tour of the Dining Room/Kitchen area!

Have a great Wednesday!!

Allison

2 comments:

  1. Awww I love that rookie of the year picture - so cute! Tree decorating day is one of my favorite days! And we just so happen to be doing it tonight. YAY! :o)

    Please feel free to stop by my blog and if you like, follow back! :o)


    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog as of today and love it! I'm your new GFC follower! I'd love for you to link up at my "Life is About... blog hop" going on now!

    Blessings,
    Breena
    mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!!