A blog about raising 5 kids, photography, DIY, recipes and whatever else may come our way....

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quick Shelf Makeover

This is my back porch/little mud room. It was pale yellow when we moved in so I kept it & decorated it w/sunflowers. It was already pretty organized but the 2 shelves were 2 different wood colors so I wanted to paint the corner shelf to match the bigger one. I know you can't even really tell but it was bugging me & gave me an excuse to do some more spray painting.

The before....

The after....

I like how it came out. Now they are more similar in color.




I love this, my mom bought it for me a couple years ago @ 1 of our local craft fairs.


Here's the shelf w/the kids baskets. They are actually their Easter baskets I made them last year, but I needed them for all their hats & gloves. At least I'm getting some more use out of them instead of just sitting in the closet. And the sunflower hooks I had in my kitchen @ the other house so they were perfect to put out here for LuLu & Braedon's school bags.

This shelf I had in the basement & it's great for storing shoes/boots & Lauren's school/dance bags & the lunch boxes. The basket on top is for other scarves, hats & gloves that don't fit in their individual baskets.

Here it is all together.

I'm pretty proud of myself because I'm definitely getting better @ the whole "organizing" thing!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Allison

4 comments:

  1. Allison, you are so organized! This is a nice little mudroom area. I wish I had one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Allison. I've never had a mudroom, even when we lived in rainy Oregon, only small laundry rooms. And you know how messy they can get with just the laundry!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you want to come over and organize my plastic container closet? I swear they multiply every night!
    Thanks for visiting, and I sure hope you will join in the party on the 15th! We had a lot of fun last year!
    Kathleen
    NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute and organized. I have been cleaning a closet all day today...really I have too much junk! Love the sunflowers.
    Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!!