A blog about raising 5 kids, photography, DIY, recipes and whatever else may come our way....

Monday, February 7, 2011

My Thrift Store Finds....

I went to our local Goodwill store this morning. My intentions were to maybe find something to put here beneath my chalkboard in my kitchen. I feel it's too open & needs a little something. I had no luck finding anything for the space but I did find some other cool things.
These are the first things I found. They are those message boards for hanging pics or whatever. I was so excited! I love these things & they were only $1.30 each. They are in perfect condition too! I'm going to put them in the basement which we will be turning into a kids/family room soon. Whatever artwork they bring home from school/do @ home I will tack up on these to display.

Next I found these cute little wicker chairs for $2.80 each. I bought them for LuLu to use with her American Girls dolls. She loved them when she saw them! I'm going to spray paint them white. I'll show before & after pics once I do it. Aren't they the cutest?

I then found this. I believe it is supposed to be a CD rack. But I loved the look of it & it was only $1.30 so I bought it. I figured I could use it for something. I've thought of maybe as a toilet paper holder? I also tried putting some hand towels in it but didn't really like how it looked. Please if you have any ideas on what I could use this for I would love to hear them!!!
I love when I find awesome deals! And it only cost $10 bucks!! I may have to try going to the Salvation Army tomorrow; maybe I'll have some more luck!

Allison



3 comments:

  1. i love a good treasure hunt too...you never know what you will find and what the finds will inspire.

    i will have to think a few thinks about that CD rack...that is way out of the box and i like a good challenge.


    I am hopping around through the newbie hop to welcome everyone to blogging. I love making new bloggy friends and i especially love helping new blogger grow their following.

    Stop by my blog when you have a chance. There are so many FUN things happening over on Dandelion Wishes!!!
    We are .....
    *Taking Back Monday, one Etsy giveaway at a time. Come enter to win something awesome EVERY Monday!
    *Airing our dirty little secrets with Friday Confessional. Confess, link up, feel better...I promise!
    *Keeping it positive every weekend with My Happy List. What's on YOUR Happy List this week? Post and link up...it’s a party y'all!
    *And there are crowning’s happening for Queen for the Day...finally, the royal recognition you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison, Don't you just love to find a bargain? I bought my daughter the same collection{a few years back} for her AG dolls. She loved it.
    I am here from the Newbie Party, it is so nice to meet and am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great thrift store finds! I usually find some amazing things when I'm out thrift store shopping, too! I'm a fellow newbie and your newest follower!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!!