A blog about raising 5 kids, photography, DIY, recipes and whatever else may come our way....

Monday, November 22, 2010

Cake Time Again......

My niece's 3rd birthday party was on Sat. My sister was making cupcakes for but I also wanted to make her a cake. I was dying to try another version of the whole "rainbow" cake thing. I only used 1 cake mix this time, separated into 3 dishes & colored them purple, pink & yellow. I then put the purple in the pan first.

Then I put the pink in the middle of that & spread it out a little.

And the same w/the yellow.

Here it is all done baking. Next time I won't spread the pink & yellow out so much.


I then decorated it. I used heart cookie cutters to hold the sprinkles, then outlined with the frosting. And yes I know I spelled birthday wrong!! haha oops...
The inside! It was yummy too! And it was a hit again!
The birthday girl, Isabella blowing out her candles! Happy Birthday sweetie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Your Comments!!